2023 Holiday Service Day Schedule
Holiday Garbage Pickup Routes will be pushed back by one day following a holiday. For example, if Christmas Day is Tuesday and your normal service day is Wednesday, you will be serviced on Thursday. Customers who are normally serviced on Friday of that week will be serviced on Saturday.
- Memorial Day – Thursday June 1, 2023
- Independence Day – Thursday July 6, 2023
- Labor Day- Thursday September 7, 2023
- Thanksgiving Day – No Effect on Service day
- Christmas Day – Thursday December 28, 2023
- New Year’s Day – Thursday January 4, 2024
If you need a replacement lid or cart due to breakage by a truck, please contact Waste Management at 888-960-0008 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to reference the City of Sheboygan Falls City Code: 951-4079. The replacement item will be delivered via a regular truck, not a garbage truck, and replacement typically takes about a week.
Effective January 2023
After its acquisition of Advanced Disposal, Waste Management is now the contracted servicer for waste and recyclable disposal for the City of Sheboygan Falls. The waste will continue to be placed in 32, 65 or 95 gallon carts, which stay with the property upon sale. The wastes must be separated into recyclable materials and garbage. We recommend placing garbage in bags in the carts, but leaving recyclables out of bags in the carts.
- Carts should be placed for pickup by 7:00 a.m.
- Your cart should be within 18 inches of the curb with the arrows on the lid pointing to the street/curb. Carts cannot be placed on the street. If there is snow, please clear an area in the terrace, or leave the carts at the end of your driveway.
- To avoid damage to property, place the cart at least three-feet away from mailboxes, lampposts and other fixed objects.
- Place your cart on as level a surface as possible, but away from low hanging tree branches. Place carts at least three feet away from each other.
- Close lids prior to pick-up. Lids should be closed on the carts for driver identification and in order to stop material from spilling or blowing away. Please make sure all garbage is placed in plastic bags that can be tied closed so there is no loose garbage in carts to eliminate garbage falling out onto our streets.
- Carts not properly placed will be tagged and not picked up.
- Only Advanced Disposal/Waste Management Carts will be emptied.
Please see the following link regarding what materials may be placed in the carts and which cart to place the materials. Waste Management
Truck Fire Flyer - See flyer for items not to throw in trash. These items have the possibility of causing a fire.
No curb side pickup for items such as: grass clippings, garden foliage, leaves, clean wood (untreated, unpainted), brush, soil, brick, building stone, concrete, reinforced concrete, broken pavement and asphalt. These items can be dropped off in the designated areas at the City's compost site at the DPW Complex located at 111 Hamann Drive. The compost site is for City of Sheboygan Falls residents only.
Hours are Monday through Saturday, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- No garbage or trash allowed at the compost site.
- DRAIN OIL can be disposed of in the designated tank at the DPW complex. The tank at the DPW for drain oil is for “City Residents Only”. We ONLY accept drain oil.
- BATTERIES can be taken to the designated area at the DPW Complex.
- Contractors are not allowed to dump at the Compost site unless permitted by the DPW. Call 920-467-7901, ext. 301. A fee will be charged.
- No hazardous waste accepted such as fluorescent bulbs, cleaning supplies, paints, pesticides, etc.
- Household Hazardous Waste collection sites are available through the Sheboygan County Planning & Resources Dept. for the above items while County funds last. Call 920-459-3060 for next availability and sites for the current year.
- TIRES can be taken to WASTE MANAGEMENT at 2905 PAINE AVENUE, SHEBOYGAN, WI -- There is a charge.
ANY VIOLATIONS OF CURBSIDE PICKUP OR COMPOST SITE RULES CAN RESULT IN A FINE.
Waste Management Customer Service -- 888-960-0008. You will have to reference the City Code for the City of Sheboygan Falls: 951-4079
Waste Management Email -- email@example.com
Department of Public Works (DPW) -- 920-467-7901, Ext. 301 or 302
Check out this Recycling Directory for Sheboygan County:
RECYCLE HOUSEHOLD ITEMS LOCALLY: A TO Z LISTINGS, WITH RECYCLING LOCATION(s)