2019 Holiday Service Day Schedule
Holiday Garbage Pickup Routes will be pushed back by one day following a holiday. For example, if Christmas Day is Tuesday and your normal service day is Wednesday, you will be serviced on Thursday. Customers who are normally serviced on Friday of that week will be serviced on Saturday.
- Memorial Day – Thursday May 30th, 2019
- Independence Day – No Effect on Service Day
- Labor Day- Thursday September 5th , 2019
- Thanksgiving Day – No Effect on Service day
- Christmas Day – Thursday December 26th , 2019
- New Year’s Day – Thursday January 2nd , 2020
GARBAGE COLLECTION CHANGES
Effective September 2016
The City of Sheboygan Falls has switched to an automated cart system in September 2016. The automated cart system is safer for the employees. We are pleased that the new Advanced Disposal contract is on the cutting edge of new technology to recycle and haul wastes. The biggest change you will note is that all waste will need to be placed in 32, 65 or 95 gallon carts. The wastes must be separated into recyclable materials and garbage. We recommend placing garbage and recycling in bags in the carts.
- Carts should be placed for pickup by 7:00 a.m.
- Your cart should be within 18 inches of the curb with the arrows on the lid pointing to the street/curb. Carts cannot be placed on the street. If there is snow, please clear an area in the terrace, or leave the carts at the end of your driveway.
- To avoid damage to property, place the cart at least three-feet away from mailboxes, lampposts and other fixed objects.
- Place your cart on as level a surface as possible, but away from low hanging tree branches. Place carts at least three feet away from each other.
- Close lids prior to pick-up. Lids should be closed on the carts for driver identification and in order to stop material from spilling or blowing away. Please make sure all garbage is placed in plastic bags that can be tied closed so there is no loose garbage in carts to eliminate garbage fallimg out onto our streets.
- Carts not properly placed will be tagged and not picked up.
- Only Advanced Disposal Carts will be emptied.
Please see the following link regarding what materials may be placed in the carts and which cart to place the materials. Garbage Collection | http://www.advanceddisposal.com/wi/sheboygan/sheboygan-collection
Leaf pickup will begin on October 14 thru November 27, 2019.
Christmas trees will not be picked up at curbside. Clean trees (devoid of all decorations) may be taken to the DPW compost site.
No curb side pickup for items such as: grass clippings, garden foliage, leaves, clean wood (untreated, unpainted), brush, soil, brick, building stone, concrete, reinforced concrete, broken pavement and asphalt. These items can be dropped off in the designated areas at the City's compost site at the DPW Complex located at 111 Hamann Drive. The compost site is for City of Sheboygan Falls residents only.
Hours are Monday through Saturday, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- No garbage or trash allowed at the compost site.
- DRAIN OIL can be disposed of in the designated tank at the DPW complex.
- BATTERIES can be taken to the designated area at the DPW Complex.
- Contractors are not allowed to dump at the Compost site unless permitted by the DPW. Call 920-467-7901, ext. 301. A fee will be charged.
- No hazardous waste accepted such as fluorescent bulbs, cleaning supplies, paints, pesticides, etc.
- Household Hazardous Waste collection sites are available through the Sheboygan County Planning & Resources Dept. for the above items while County funds last. Call 920-459-3060 for next availability and sites for the current year.
- TIRES can be taken to ADVANCED DISPOSAL at 2905 PAINE AVENUE, SHEBOYGAN, WI -- There is a charge.
ANY VIOLATIONS OF CURBSIDE PICKUP OR COMPOST SITE RULES CAN RESULT IN A FINE.
Advanced Disposal customer service -- 920-458-6030.
Department of Public Works (DPW) -- 920-467-7901, Ext. 301 or 302
For new city residents, contact the City Clerk's office 920-467-7900 for your scheduled curbside pickup day.
Check out this Recycling Directory for Sheboygan County:
RECYCLE HOUSEHOLD ITEMS LOCALLY: A TO Z LISTINGS, WITH RECYCLING LOCATION(s)